Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Shopping Spree


While in San Diego I hit a few of my favorite antique shops. I only do this once a year, so I try to make it count..LOL. There have been some years where the car was so full on the way back home that we had to really plan on how to pack it...but this year was smaller...I had less time to shop due to our packed schedule at the convention. But...you know me...I still did a good job of shopping!!!


This was my big purchase. She is a Simon Halbig on a Handwerck body. I don't have any pierced ear dolls in my collection of German bisques so I was pleased to find her at the reasonable price of $230.00


I love vintage doll clothes!





Some Eskimo dolls I found..I thought of Judi in Alaska when I bought these!


I have a hard time resisting vintage stuffed animals....this little rabbit is adorable in person. The doll is a papermache doll from Mexico.



Here is a group of 1930's to 40's composition dolls. I think the most expensive one in the group was $40.00. I really like the compos so I try to pick them up whenever I find them at a good price. There is also a tiny all bisque doll at the top.


Getting ready for Halloween. I like the black and orange painted vintage glass. It goes great with vintage style Halloween decorations. I thought the black and white gloves might be part of my Christmas decorations this year.



Vintage patterns and doll glasses

















Vintage Paper...these came from the Comic Con vendor hall. There is a dealer there who specializes in vintage paper products. The packets are French pharmacy labels..$10 a packet...a very good price if you collect vintage papers. There are also 3 doll faces and a couple of powder box labels.



Vintage photos and prints....I love these. I have no idea what I am going to do with them however!



2 comments:

Karen Mallory said...

What a haul for you shopping day! I love your pattern site!
I have nominated you for a 'nice matters' award! Go to my blog to find out what to do. This helps us all promote our blogs!
hugs Karen
http://karensdollsandstuff.blogspot.com/

Yvonne Nathanson said...

You done good!!!! What a sweetheart the doll is and such a pretty face. Now what do you do with all of your collections?? I don't think that a four bedroom house will do it!!! LOL ;-)) Yvonne